Conch piercing is one of the outstanding piercing ideas that is preferred once the helix and earlobe of the ears are pierced already. The people who are more obsessed of ear piercing are preferred to make the conch piercing.
Are you not sure of the conch piercing ideas? There are several in here. This ultimate guide will guide you from the definition of conch piercing to the procedure, precautions, amount of pain, healing techniques, and also some techniques to make it unique. If you are the person who has no idea of the conch piercing but still want to get one, this is the right platform.
No more taking time at the piercer’s seat wondering of the style of conch piercing you would like to get. There are plenty of jewelry ideas that will suit your personality. Therefore, forget the unnecessary time wondering on the subject matter that you can find here.
DEFINITION & INTRODUCTION:
Basically conch is a sea creature with a shell that resembles the portion of the ear that you wish to pierce. A piercing that is performed on a conch along with the perforation of cartilage in order to attach a jewelry is called conch piercing. Mainly it has two types, inner and outer conch piercing.
Conch refers to the largest area of the ear which is at the center of the ear, having a conch shell structure. The lower part is mostly known as inner conch while the upper part is outer conch.
TYPES OF CONCH
There are basically two types of conch in the human ear. The inner and the outer conch. Find out more about them:
The center part of the ear which has more or less shape of a cup is called inner conch. It is adjacent to the canal of the ear. This spot for piercing is more popular than that of the outer conch piercing. The more or less procedure of piercing in inner conch is similar to that of the outer conch.
Outer conch is present in the flat portion of the ear in between helix (which is also called as rim or edge) and the ridge which is generally considered antihelix. The piercing procedure is same as it is one of the ear cartilage piercings. The taking care of the piercing is also in the same manner.
WHAT MAKES IT DIFFERENT FROM OTHER PIERCING?
People usually pierce ears. By ears it means the earlobe. The trend of piercing the earlobe is popular among the women all over the world. But even men are also piercing ears, though comparatively less in number. If one wishes to pierce the ears, they are piercing the lobe for sure. But once you have a several piercings in the ear, you go for conch.
Generally, it is considered the spot of the ear which is comes in mind when the entire other spots are pierced. The conch is the region in ear which when pierced is most painful as compared to other spots. The region is chosen by the people obsessed with piercing ears and piercings generally.
It is different as compared to other piercings as it is rather painful to get it in the conch. Moreover, it is considered as a power or strength when one pierces the conch. Thus, this makes is unique from any other piercings.
DOES IT HURT?
It does hurt to pierce the conch of the ears. The pain is not much different than piercing the earlobe, but can be slightly more painful. The piercing might be bearable and easy but the after care of the piercings might be rough. You will have to be attentive all the time until the healing is over. Do not change the jewelry frequently and add heavy jewelries at the start of the piercing. You need to keep your conch area infection free by not touching it with hand frequently. Moreover, do not let the pierced area be touched by anything to keep it clean and to avoid pain.
WHAT THINGS SHOULD BE CONSIDERED AFTER PIERCING CONCH?
You need to follow the same processes to take care of your conch piercings that you follow for any other piercings. The mandatory thing to do with conch piercing is cleaning the pierced area with sea salt soaks. You need to do it twice a day. This is suggested to soften the dried lymph and importantly sterilize the area of piercing. Moreover, the swelling is gradually reduced and soreness is alleviated. The blood flow becomes more frequent and healing is faster. You should avoid the over washing with the alcohol, peroxide and other antibiotic ointments. The alcohol and peroxide can dry the wound completely and ointments will block the supply in air.
If you are really conscious to make the healing faster, you need to stick to one jewelry for six months at least. Removing the jewelries frequently or changing it can make the swelling and even infections can occur. But if the piercing is a dermal punch type, you need not wear a jewelry all the time but rather the the hole open. It is large enough to maintain the hole and flow of air will make it heal sooner.
WHAT COMPLICATIONS CAN ONE FACE?
There are several complications one can face which are similar to the complications that appear with the piercings in other regions of ear besides conch. If the piercing is done by a professional and if you have followed the entire instructions provided, maintain good hygiene and health, then the healing is quicker. But if it is done by a non-professional or you yourself, you are in a big trouble already. You can feel double the pain and complications are endless. Migration should not be a problem because the depth is quite good for the piercing. The most unpredictable thing about it is unintended infection. As the piercing is through multiple layers of cartilage, infection is obvious. If the lingering of the infection start, there will be worse case as eating away at the cartilage.
If necessary actions are not taken in time, there can be collapsing of the certain part of the cartilage. This is one of the serious issues as our body cannot replace cartilage. Thus, you should be attentive enough to not let the infection collapse the cartilage.
HOW WILL PEOPLE JUDGE YOU?
The matter of fact is you will be judged a lot! The world is still not prepared to accept conch piercings. The piercings, in fact, as a whole are not accepted. Specially, the people from mid forties and older, they are extremely against the piercings while youths and younger ones are engaging themselves into it a lot.
The point is, it should not matter you, whether somebody judges you or not. It is the habit of people to judge another one. Moreover, the society does not accept any kind of change in the stereotype. But to be honest, piercing has been existing in this world from centuries, either be in the form of culture, rituals, punishment, or interest.
The older people give a weird look if they see someone with a conch piercing. You might even receive free suggestions and advises from such people asking you to not make further piercings. But as it is your body, and you have right to do it, you should not worry about people’s criticism towards you.
Sometimes, you might not be allowed to go to school or college with one of the conch piercing jewelries. There are strict rules and regulations that won’t accept such ornaments. The worse part is, even the job interviews can reject you with conch jewelries on. This is because people are quick enough to judge the personality or attitude of the person by looking at what sort of piercings they have. You might even have to quit the job in some cases.
15 IDEAS FOR CONCH PIERCING | JEWELRIES
1. ARROWHEAD JEWELRY: If you are not aware of the arrowhead jewelry just see in the picture below. This is one of the amazing and eye catching jewelry that will not require any other jewelries to make it look better. With this in your conch specially in the inner conch, you will have occupied a large space already, leaving no space for other jewelries. This is how you slay! And this is a unisex jewelry!
2. INCREASING SIZE OF TOP: Top is basically a jewelry that does not hang but instead stays in the pierced point. It can either be of stone or some other objects. In the picture you can find three tops with increasing size that are formed of diamond stones. These sparkling jewelries in your conch will appear amazing!
This one follows the same pattern with increasing or decreasing sizes of tops. The jewelries are made of sparkling objects covered by the metal. This one looks cool to anyone with whatever age.
3. LOOP: Ever thought of giving a loop a try? Conch piercing will look amazing with a loop jewelry. There are varieties of loops. When you wish to get a loop jewelry, you will get to choose from a lot of options. The loops also depend upon the size you wish to get. In the picture you can find a tiny loop that will look amazing for everyday casual times.
4. MULTIPLE LOOPS: When you have multiple conch piercings, you can add up multiple jewelries there. This picture shows how well the multiple loops look like together. You can either line them or add up in a random order. The size can be identical or different too. This is one of the amazing way to style your conch!
5. CONCH LOOP & EARLOBE TOP: Sometimes you can match up the jewelries in your ear. If you have multiple piercings, starting from at earlobe, you can match the jewelries. If you are having a loop jewelry for the conch piercing, you can add simple tops in the earlobe piercings. The combination is splendid.
6. SUITING YOUR DRESS: Sometimes the conch jewelry depends upon your dress. What are you wearing? Where are you going? If you are a person who is obsessed with wearing different kind of jewelries every time or for every different occasion, it is better to decide your conch jewelry depending upon that event or occasion.
7. HEART SHAPED LOOP: Loops are generally circular or round. But the popular loops are heat shaped! Have you ever heard of the heart shaped loops for your conch? Here have a look at this image below. The hearts in the form of conch jewelries are really popular specially among little girls and teens. This is a simple yet elegant way to beautify your ears.
8. INCOMPLETE LOOPS: Basically these kind of incomplete loops are also famous. Look at the one in the picture below. Many are getting this jewelry and slaying their styles!
9. FLOWER JEWELRY: You know which one is still at the top of the leader board when it comes to conch jewelries? It is a flower jewelry! When you want to look pretty or cute, you can always choose this simple yet elegant jewelry. There are a lot of good vibes that come along once you get a flower jewelry upon you! There are varieties of flower jewelries. Either you can get something that sticks on place or something that hangs along a loop. You can add a huge flower or something tiny. The flower jewelry can be of gold, silver, or aluminium. It can be of some stones and even the colorful ones. The choice is yours! Sometimes you can also find a four petal flower that will indicate luck in your favor. And, sometimes, even the cute leaves are along with flower to make it prettier.
10. PAW SHAPE: Are you an animal lover or do you have any pets? This is one of the trending jewelry! You can find either a dog or a cat’s paw in the form of a jewelry for your conch. There are several stones of various colors in the earring that will make it sparkly and beautiful! Moreover, if you have multiple piercings in the conch or either in the ear lobe, you can add paw print jewelries along the piercings to make the footsteps of your animal baby!
11. MULTIPLE STONES: The one hole in the conch or one piercing in the conch can be well utilized by picking the perfect jewelry! In this case, there are multiple stones which are actually bind together to form a half moon or a series of stones that will require just one piercing in the conch. This is one of the amazing ways to decorate your ears and shine like a diva!
12. RANDOM MIXING OF JEWELRIES: Do you have a lot of piercings and not sure of how to make them all fit together with each other? Don’t worry! Sometimes the random mixing of the jewelries also turn out to be good. Let the people guess the kind of personality you carry by adding up every random jewelry in your ear! You can also go creative and on the other ear can add up other kinds of jewelries. Both the ears need not look symmetric all the time! This is how you can be unique and feel amazing.
13. ADD THEM ALL: In the picture below you can see the best example of mixing all the jewelries at once! Did we mention about the flowers, dragons, insects, loops, stones, hearts, etc.? You can find them all together aligned so well! They are all tiny so that they do not disturb or occupy the space of other jewelries. If you are adding tiny jewelries, you can add a lot of them and make more space for more jewelries! Sometimes you can mess up, but most of the time, the combination looks marvelous.
14. MOON: The half moon has been one of the cutest jewelry ideas for your conch. They are better if they are tiny in size. Look at the picture below and see how well it looks with the tiny moon in the conch.
15. REGULAR JEWELRIES: If you are a school going teenager or a person who has least time to think about the jewelries, you can choose some basic and permanent earrings. You can leave them until you are free enough to choose a different jewelry for your conch. Look at the image below, this is how you can fix your piercings with certain forever suitable jewelries that you need not take out even while you are about to go to bed!
SOME MORE IDEAS ON CONCH PIERCING JEWELRIES:
If you made it to the bottom of the page, or here, you are prepared for some outstanding ideas. You are capable to decide for yourself and get a cool piercing and then a jewelry! Do not break any step. The conch piercing has a series of rules and regulations which are strictly important. The self pierced or non-professional hand into piercing the conch can lead to several other infections and swelling. Thus, stick to the information as provided in this page.
Happy conch piercing!